Sailfish OS in Creo, A Dream

• I wondered why all the mobile makers are heading towards android which is almost a single point of failure when it reaches its threshold.
    When countries like Russia planning to build its own software out of sailfish. I have hands on experience with the #Sailfish #jolla device.its every fluid and neat. apps can be built around it. Not like android which is having too much of flooded apps .Contains maleware, ransomware, etc…

If this phone is really from INDIA. from an controlled environment. Why can’t we see an option to switch to sailfish OS on the same device in near future. which is robust and perfect device for operating systems like sailfish.

• I don’t think it’s a Wise idea to adopt a not so famous os by a new startup for their new , first and only model.

• @Anantha-Krishnan said in Sailfish OS in Creo, A Dream:

I wondered why all the mobile makers are heading towards android which is almost a single point of failure when it reaches its threshold.

Interesting thought, would you not agree that stock Android and some other Android based OSes are doing amazing stuff?

When countries like Russia planning to build its own software out of sailfish. I have hands on experience with the #Sailfish #jolla device.its every fluid and neat. apps can be built around it. Not like android which is having too much of flooded apps .Contains maleware, ransomware, etc…

The Google Play Store is probably the biggest inhibitor when it comes to switching people out of Android. Also, if you are not rooting your phone, there’s very low chance of you getting afflicted by malware/ransomware!

Just out of curiosity, an open question to the community here : Would anyone here be open to using an operating system on their phone without Google Play Store ?

If this phone is really from INDIA. from an controlled environment. Why can’t we see an option to switch to sailfish OS on the same device in near future. which is robust and perfect device for operating systems like sailfish.

I dont think the team at CREO would have that amount of time to build ROMs for Mark 1 for different Android systems, leave alone one for Sailfish. I am just happy I’m getting my features for each month!

• @Anantha-Krishnan The SailfishOS, though a good one, has failed to create a mark even in Finland, the native of the OS. To stay in the market, the company who developed it are now modifying the internal Linux kernel to support android apps. That shows that without a huge marketplace where developers are contributing frequently, you cannot have a successful mobile platform. Take the instance of Windows Phone and Blackberry. One is struggling and the other is almost extinct.

If you want CREO to use a homegrown OS, then why not Indus OS? Its a customized version of Android, built completely in India, and after the stock Android ROM, this is the most used ROM of Android in the world, even more than Samsung’s Touchwiz, HTC’s Sense or even Cyanogen or MIUI. And the numbers are more than Apple’s iOS footprint too in the global market.

• @saikatsakura

Very interesting, I discovered the same as well- the fact that Indus OS has actually crossed the biggies

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/hardware/indus-pips-apple-microsoft-to-take-second-spot-in-smartphone-operating-system-market/articleshow/52159072.cms

But I think the biggest USP of CREO is their Operating System, Fuel OS. Indus doesnt really have that many features (Justified BTW, since their target is different which is capturing the regional markets)

Will be interesting to see if Fuel OS turns up in some low end phones in the future, that’s where the game will change.

In fact, there is an article in Times of India where something of these lines were being said by the CEO - Check it out @Anantha-Krishnan Any thoughts ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Creo-opens-Fuel-OS-plans-to-announce-OEM-partnerships-soon/articleshow/52781630.cms

• Sailfish did not have any major distinguishing features when they’d come to India a few years back.

Now they’re coming back with a partnership with Intex - http://www.themobileindian.com/new-launches/6781_Intex-Aqua-Fish-with-Sailfish-OS-is-now-available-in-India-at-Rs-5499

Food for thought: If Sailfish has no distinguishing features for India, why should people not buy stock android phones?

@TheRealFatShady - It’ll be interesting if Fuel OS was to be available on many more phones. Cheaper or expensive. Features like Retriever will be a bonus for cheaper phones.

• @TheRealFatShady That is a very interesting link about Fuel OS being considered or opened up for other OEMs. The OS has some good points that can definitely be leveraged by other OEMs.

• Indus OS is going strong - "Deshmukh plans to cover all Indian languages over a period of time and be available in other geographies too."
    A Financial Express Article

• @misteryogi One very big advantage of this OS is the complete customization of the apps in the native language of the user. They have their own app market partnered with Microsoft, Apple etc who are providing their apps like Office, Apple Music, Mail etc completely in indian languages. Plus, I have seen a demo of their keyboards. The keyboards not only support local languages, it also provides predictions and spellchecks and with a swype you can get english versions of the sentence written in the local language, using that language’s context, e.g., we sometimes use english to write hindi sentences like -

wah kya sundar nazara hai

If the user types this sentence using hindi alphabets, with one swipe he can change it to english alphabets, but retain the language’s context…