Camera is not working as ecpected

• Re: Introducing Mark 1's camera

When I click the camera button its not capturing the picture , nothing happens .
    I should swap to video recording and swap again to picture mode to atleast to make it respond very bad app responce for an excellent camera .
    @Product-Team please look into this , from the day I bought this phone I am compromising myself with a reason or other for not loosing hope when comes to camera and features .

• Same here…@CREO-Support please respond

• CREO Support

@Salil-Kumar @Pradeep-Jayabal Hi, Please try these steps and let us know the result.

Settings> Apps> All> Gallery> “Clear Data” and “Clear Chache”

• @Sober-Barik I can’t do it Eveytime when I want to use the camera. . As of now I started using third party apps .
    Shouldn’t opening the camera app increase the screen brightness to the maximum ? .
    It never happened, whenever I take pH outdoors
    First I need to increase the brightness of the pH , adaptive brightness is another failed feature . .

• Hi… I am also facing the same issue, camera didn’t react to click. I have to click on screen several time to adjust auto-focus and then take the picture.

Along with this, One more issue which I faced is auto-focus is not working as expected. Being a 21MP camera the pictures are not as sharp as expected. If I take a close-up shot its working fine, but for landscapes and object more than 20 feet are not clear.

Autofocus while adjusting shows clear image but after final adjustment its not sharp enough. Please look into the issues and try to provide permanent solution in next month update.

One Suggestion, If you can also provide the option to touch and capture on screen can help a little bit. Other Mobile companies are providing this options If dedicated camera button is not provided or screen size is greater.

• @CREO-Support @CREO-Team
    Bhai koi to reply kardo…I am loosing the confidence that I have about creo.

Why such sluggish reply…do not keep the info in silo. Let us know about the issues…else I won’t post anything.

• Product Team

@Everyone - Firstly apologies for the late reply. We are exploring the issue where the capture button does not work as intended. What we’ve seen is that the software is working as expected and the camera clicks the photos. However, a possible issue could something else completely.

We have noticed that different users hold the phone in different ways while capturing images/videos using the phone camera. Sometimes, some part of the user’s palm comes into contact over the screen across the 2.5D glass edge causing an incorrect touch to register. When this happens, the camera app thinks that the user in between tasks and hence the unresponsiveness.

That being said, we are correcting the above issue. It is definitely unreasonable for us to ask the users to hold the camera in a certain way that they are not comfortable with.

In the meanwhile, it would be great if you all can let us know if this is a correct description of the issue at hand. It will help us all in reaching a speedy resolution for the same if there is some other issue entirely.

• @Mr.-Wolf yeah i also marked it you guys are correct and another thing is i have to call twice for ussd code twice the call button to check balance, frustrating.😲😵

• @Mr.-Wolf that’s not the actual reason , I am aware that some phones will not accept the capture key when the user is operating the screen .
    Today morning I did a factory reset to my ph, and I don’t have any issues tilll now , camera works fine , though its too early to conclude .

• Yes i have also same double ussd call issue. Hard reset not a option to every time…

• This post is deleted!

• @Mr.-Wolf @Product-Team @sai-srinivas
    Please check this link for the inconvenience I am facing , the video explains bug in the front camera but I am also face same issues with the back camera .

• Product Team

@Pradeep-Jayabal Thank you for sharing the video and we are looking into the issue on priority. It would we great if you can let us know the following:

• Does the issue get resolved once you kill the camera app (going to the recent open apps and clearing it) and then relaunching it?
    • Does the issue get resolved once you have cleared cached as suggested by support?
    • Does the issue (camera not capturing pictures) exist only when you are using the front (selfie) camera or does it happen with both cameras?
    • Does this happen only in Quick Photo mode or are all video/photo modes affected?
    • Lastly, does this happen only in low-light/night conditions or even when there is sufficient light?

We are trying to reproduce the issue in our labs but it will be of great help if you can assist us by answering the above questions.

• @Mr.-Wolf
    Does the issue get resolved once you kill the camera app (going to the recent open apps and clearing it) and then relaunching it?

No ,
    sometimes even clearing apps don’t work . will make video of that too soon :p .
    (Both killing individual app and clear all key don’t respond even when I see the pressing animation just like this camera button )

Does the issue get resolved once you have cleared cached as suggested by support?

Never tried it .

Does the issue (camera not capturing pictures) exist only when you are using the front (selfie) camera or does it happen with both cameras?

This happen in both cameras

Does this happen only in Quick Photo mode or are all video/photo modes affected?

I haven’t expected it in video mode , its just photo mode .
    But haven’t tried in other modes other than quick photo

Lastly, does this happen only in low-light/night conditions or even when there is sufficient light?

I have experienced this even in 12noon outdoors . in fact first time i faced this issue was in the outdoors . and the adaptive brightness also did not won’t that time ( actually it never worked perfectly ever )

• Product Team

@Pradeep-Jayabal Thanks for the information. However, can you try clearing cache once as suggested by support and check what happens. It will help us debug the issue quicker.

We are looking into the issue.

• It works after deleting cached

• @Mr.-Wolf clearing catches does help . .
    I am attaching the video for ur reference .
    Do also note two other drawbacks in this video . .
    Time the camera takes to capture , and the confused adaptive brightness .

why adaptive brightness even working when I am using camera ?
    Even in outdoors I am increasing the brightness to the maximum manually before using the camera every time !!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!