4 challenges with the Mark 1

• After a week with the phone there are 4 major issues that I have encountered.

1. Very Dodgy battery life…moderate use doesnt even last the full day…It does charge fast but…you stay nervous all day as you run out of juice. Battery management needs a major fix. Battery saver modes , auto brightness is also dodgy , not quick and sometimes non responsive. Maybe a hardware issue with my phone !!!
    2. Network locking is very slow and data reception is quite poor. Wifi does lock fast but mobile networks and data quite poor. In the same room colleagues are surfing and using data on the same provider while the mark 1 has edge network locked.
    3. Sim Management and Contact Management needs more options. Choice of using both sims for data , deleting multiple contacts , merging of duplicate contacts etc need to be added.
    4. Call Quality and Heating are also irritating however am sure will be incrementally fixed via updates…

Wait and Watch …How do I get my light sensor checked ???

• I too have the same . should I hold up or return. Heating issue is big problem. Hangs after heating . is mark1 considering this or should I go for change of it

• I am also facing the more or less same issues. Even I am thinking of hold or return. Will wait for update on 13 May, first month update and if it still remains the same probably I will return. My one of the main purpose of buying phone was support for Reliance JIO. in this phone even though it locks onto the frequency there is no data connection. I checked my SIM with IPhone 5S and Lenovo k4 note in both cases I am able to browse the data so there is no problem with the SIM. Hope the new update on 13th May fixes the issues.

• Light sensor able to check by cpu z but sometime this type of app not provide proper result.
    For battery problem try to calibration it solve almost all problem related battery.

• And 2nd this device has powerfull processor with qhd display so never this device able to backup a full day.But try to root and install Greenify atlast 50-60% increase performance like magic…

• @arka2020 Please let us know the process for calibrating the battery. So that it would help lot of people out here. Thanks in advance.

• @Shivashankar-Guddadmath Number of apps available for calibration but try to do manual process.
    Process:

1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.[when turn off phone automatic]
    2. Turn it on again and let it turn off.
    3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
    4. Unplug your charger.
    5. Turn your phone on. The battery indicator will likely not say 100 percent, so plug it in (leave your phone on for this) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
    6. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn’t say 100 percent plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
    7. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it’s going to get) when you start it up without being plugged in.
    8. Now, let your battery discharge all the way down to 0 percent and let your phone turn off again.
    9. Fully charge the battery one more time without interruption and you should have reset the Android system’s battery percentage .Follow this 2 or 3 times if not solve first time.

• @arka2020 Thanks for your reply, let me try this process. I will keep you posted on the updates.

• CREO Team

to check integrity of the light sensor you can use a 3rd party app: CPU-X
    After installing this app, navigate to the page that shows sensors and click on light. If you are situated in a room with some ambient light, it should report of a value greater than 10.0 lux. You can then cover the light sensor (to the left of the front camera) with you hand and the value should decrease. If you can see the value toggling under different lighting conditions, then light sensor should be working fine.

• @soyuma_san Sorry i donot except this ans form creo own team.cpz showing number of wrong information also this type of panic normal people.

• @soyuma_san - sensor is wrkg as per cpu x but the screen brightness never chgs in the dark , sunlight or anywhere else ??? So what does that mean ? Is it hardware or software …

• @CREO-Support What about the network locks… I was at Delhi Aiport yesterday and the phone took 30 mins of network searching and finally locked to Airtel 2G instead of 4G …and after 30 mins…not sure whts wrong

• CREO Team

@chrispaddy 30 mins is an unusually long time. Is this a one off behavior or is it something you face regularly?

Also about connecting to 2G network, was your sim in roaming mode by any chance?

• CREO Team

@chrispaddy also do you have auto adaptive brightness toggled on in display settings?

• CREO Team

@arka2020 these apps provide a quick look into some of the run-time hardware related values (like current l-sensor, p-sensor values, etc) as picked up from the underlying android file system. Easier and faster for the customers to use this than to ask them to install adb and jump through hoops. :)

• @CREO-Support @soyuma_san

Adaptive brightness is on in the Display settings

Yes my sim was on roaming with 'Connect to data on roaming ’ activated and no battery saving or data saving option activated

The network lock delays are normal…even after i switch off and restart the phone it takes a good 12 mins to lock…just timed it today on home n/w…

• CREO Team

@chrispaddy In this case I would urge you to contact Creo customer support to help you with this.

• Thanks all of you for your time, after trying all the options finally decided to return the phone. Nevertheless it was a good attempt from CREO. Not up to the MARK, as USP of the phone is software. and I wish All the best to CREO team. Will surely try in future if they come up with better product. GOOD BYE.

• after 2 weeks of usage , i am able to see the following issues

1. heating : while browsing with 4g and while taking 4K videos phone is going upto 42 degrees , i feel like iron box while playing games i feel warm

2.Battery : need to charge twice daily ,just for moderate usage battery is draining fast

3.Camera : camera is crashing sometimes and autofocus is not working great ,worst low light photos ( need update badly for this) , camera quality needs more improvement

1. Lagging : phone is lagging while using the below apps
      i. dialer app ,messages app & gallery app - taking 5 to 6 seconds to open
      ii. display is blank for 5 to 6 seconds while getting calls

2. audio : audio quality not fair and good with headphones, badly need audio enhancer like dolby dts etc

3. gestures : not working for play/pause music option

• This the best device in built quality and design and for bugs part you should have patience for it to fix as patience always pays off😀😁😁

• Guys, I’m literally holding the phone only on corner sides as the middle is blazing hot.

Any interim fix till may 13 update?

I’m now using it in Battery saver mode permanently and still the battery draining really fast.